Professional Web Content Writing
Whenever possible, current online dictionaries are referenced in order to define a commonly accepted definition representing the different types of copy-writing.
Types of Professional Content Writing:
Entry Level Blog:
- Is generic in feel and is not in first person;
- Think, general information addressing general Joe Public;
- Web content writing (SEO ready ) about products or services;
- It sells a service or a product, but not a specific brand;
- These types of blogs pull traffic to your website because it's keyword bait about your industry;
- It's best if it offers practical advice and guidance; tips n' tricks;
- It shouldn't have an obvious hook buried under the bait - even 'bait n' switch' has a recognizable, industry standard sophistication.
- If this is not clear, pick up the phone and ring me.
An Example of an Entry Level Blog Involves:
Writing to update the reader on current news:
- a current event or upcoming event that is relevant to the company or industry,
- a situation that affected or impacted the company in some way;
- a blog post that is generic in nature yet similar to what the company is offering;
That type of blog is best for SEO purposes
Word Count: 550+ (about a page)
Price: $95.00 - $125 ( discounted for 4 or more)
Keywords are provided by the Client or I can provide them upon request.
NB* when more than 3 keywords are used it dilutes the efficacy of the entry level blog;
Research Report to Determine Keywords:
Price: $55 -$125 Depending on subject and purpose for the content.
Detailed Research Determining Keywords Including Long Tail URL's: $150 - $350
Provided by Writer; (see attached infogram )
Tone & Feel:
Provided by writer who uses the typical & current commentary; if the business owner elects to direct all of the above, it classifies as a ghost writing. This job order is priced differently.
Minor Corrections: 1st Round, Complimentary/ Free of Charge;
Other Major Corrections or Revisions:
Price: $15 - $30 (to be determined - these revision fees are added to the original blog price )
*The need for major corrections or rewrites is generally due to the writer not being given all the details or is given incorrect info when job order was placed.
- Promotional Blogs
- Press Release
- Product Descriptions & Reviews
- Landing Page
- Web Page Content
- Business Descriptions
This type of content involves selling specified products or services and promoting such with the client’s designated brand.
Word Count: 2400 - 2600
Google algorithms are currently giving high scores to content who's length is 2,400 - 2,600 words. The probable reason for that type of content being scored so high is due to the fact that the articles attract back-links. In other words the highest scores are given to authoritative, well written articles. When these articles are back-linked to and selected to feature within other websites, blogs, extensive and specific directories, then they are respected and register well by the Google bots.
A firm quote will be given after available information is provided, and that will depend on:
- research provided by Client OR
- knowledge the Writer already has OR
- research the Writer may have to do.
Client provides industry specific keywords or Initial business description that provides relevant information so that a keyword search can be conducted.
Articles require more extensive coverage, and research of a given subject which is sometimes used as a blog post.
Word Count: 1600 - 2500
Price: $275.00- 550.00
This involves writing in the 1st person as the business owner’s voice. The ‘voice’ has established in online published content, OR in conversation with me, so that I can ensure I capture the ‘voice’ of the Business Owner. Only offered with a series of at least 6 of anything – blogs, articles, website page content, etc.
Connect with me for a quote.
Writing to SEO Optimize YouTube Videos:
( see attached info-graphic; this will be helpful )
Price to be determined; generally approx. $60 -$150